In our office, Dr. Chee and her hygiene team work together to maintain your oral health. Dr. Chee or your hygienist are dedicated to improve and maintain your oral health, share with you the latest oral hygiene techniques and identify your individual hygiene needs.
Some of the services may include:
- Patient screening procedures such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse
- Oral cancer screening
- Taking x-rays and if needed digital photos with our intra-oral camera
- Scaling of teeth, which is removing calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth, including the use of Cavitron ultrasonic scaler and manual hand scaling
- Polishing of teeth which involves finishing the surface of the teeth to remove stains from teeth and to make them shiny and clean
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides)
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to use at home (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health
Because our concern is always for your well-being and overall health, including your oral health, we encourage you to be informed about oral cancer by reading more on the Oral Cancer Foundation website.