Dental implants are an attractive solution to the problem of missing teeth from injury, periodontal disease or any other reason. A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically positioned into the jaw.
Once in place and the bone surrounding the implant has had time to heal, a replacement tooth is attached to the post.
While implants are typically more expensive than other methods of tooth replacement, they provide superior benefits. Implants are stronger than natural teeth and not subject to decay. They are also a more favorable approach than bridgework since they do not depend on neighboring teeth for support and can be flossed without difficulty.
Dr. Chee is dedicated to providing you with a treatment solution that is right for you by working with a select group of specialists. An oral surgeon or periodontist that we work closely with will evaluate your particular situation to determine whether or not you’re a candidate and if there are any contraindications for implant placement. Once it has been decided that implants are the right course of treatment, we will work closely with the specialist to achieve an ideal result. The oral surgeon or periodontist will focus on the implant placement and we will provide the restorative dentistry (crowns) that fits to your implant.
Here are some benefits of dental implants
- Aesthetic: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth! Since dental implants integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent the bone loss and gum recession that often accompany bridgework and dentures. No one will ever know that you have a replacement tooth.
- Tooth-saving: Dental implants don’t sacrifice the quality of your adjacent teeth like a bridge does because neighboring teeth are not altered to support the implant. More of your own teeth are left untouched, a significant long-term benefit to your oral health!
- Confidence: Dental implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence! They are secure and offer freedom from the irksome clicks and wobbles of dentures.
- They will allow you to say goodbye to worries about misplaced dentures and messy pastes and glues.
- Reliable: The success rate of dental implants is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.
What implants can do for you:
- Replace one or more teeth without affecting bordering teeth.
- Support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture.
- Provide support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
What happens after treatment?
As you know, your own teeth require conscientious at-home oral care and regular dental visits. Dental implants are like your own teeth and need to have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. You must also be committed to excellent oral hygiene and regular dental visits as these are critical to the long-term success of dental implants.
Wondering if an implant is right for you? Contact our office today for your appointment with Dr. Chee and begin your journey to a healthier, better smile.